December 5, 2008

1813 E. Locust St


R.I.P.

"Rich from Atomic Records here. It is with great sadness and more than a little difficulty that I have to announce that Atomic Records will be closing in February 2009.

The reasons for shutting down are many -- and I'd hate to bore you with wonkish details of shifting demographics, downward market trends, changing consumer habits, etc. -- but the decade-long (and running) decline of the music industry combined with the recent economic downturn have made it impossible to continue doing what we love to do....

...It has truly been a pleasure serving the music lovers of Milwaukee for the past 24 years. Much gratitude goes out to our customers. The recent words of encouragement -- the likes of "hang in there," "please don't go out of business," "what would I do without you?" -- mean more than you can imagine. I only wish we had the wherewithal to continue on."

Download: Burning Spear - Bad to Worst
Download: Derrick Morgan -Tears on My Pillow
Download: Nicky Thomas - Isn't it a Pity
Download: Tony Scott - What Am I to Do

No comments: